Chief Operating OfficerSeptember 12, 2022
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer Location: Atlanta, GA Area
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for translating company priorities into operational tactics to achieve financial and strategic goals. This executive will be charged with overseeing the day-to-day execution, including internal and external operations. They will establish and track key performance metrics and devise a system of improving upon these as the company grows. They must be a proven operational leader who possesses tremendous stamina, creativity, and a quantitative approach to both business operations and technical operations, and must be an exceptional manager of talent and developer of leadership.
- Oversee teams of engineering, pre-clinical research, clinical research & manufacturing professionals to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
- Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
- With the CEO, CMO and other company leaders, collaborates to enhance internal process and external partnerships with legal, regulatory, clinical, quality partners for FDA approval.
- Oversees the international operations.
- Participates with the CEO and other executives in formulating current and long-range strategies, objectives, and global policies.
- Serves as a key member of the executive team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Working with the Finance and HR team to formulate and own the execution of new strategies and policies and procedures.
- Owns day-to-day operations of the organization including resources for Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Design, Technical Program/Project Management and R&D
- Ensure the cohesive and effective cross-functional collaboration amongst these teams as well as other teams that do not report directly to you – Finance, legal, etc.
- Function as the operational counterpart to the CEO; provide leadership, guidance, direction, and consistency to the organization at large.
- Drive change throughout the organization as it grows, and ensure flawless implementation and execution of offering as the targeted market expands.
- Drive organization-wide performance acceleration and with a rapid pace, build operational infrastructure to support new company strategies and/or initiatives that support further revenue generation opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement with regards to efficiency and implement new processes as required.
- Reinforce a culture of high performance by creating systems of accountability to ensure the financial model and other determined KPIs.
- Leverage data and analytics to define operational success, and define and articulate the value proposition as the company continues to expand.
- Express an entrepreneurial mindset; encourage his/her team to think creatively and outside of the box as the company grows.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders; effectively communicate clear company vision, mission, and directive.
- Works with the finance team to translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth. Implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Works with the finance team and key stakeholders to develop and manage budgets with a focus on product costs, margins, and overall profitability.
- Support to hire, motivate, develop, and retain key talent.
- External vendor collaboration with other departments, (Marketing, Legal, HR, Quality, etc.,)
- Advanced Degree (MD, PhD, MBA)
- 10+ years’ experience in a Senior leadership role in an Oncology and manufacturing environment (drug / medical device industry)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and progressive execution-style.
- Strong knowledge of tech or healthcare operations.
- Prior success in leading corporate operations.
- Respected leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues.
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
Beyond Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.